View Single Post

Old 05-15-2010, 07:48 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,861 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
I was not talking about people not checking the chamber, but since you thought I was I agree with what you said.

I was talking about the mag safety not always being a "safety" feature for NON cops who are not trained. I have seen more then one person pull a gun from a holster and the mag hit the ground, I am not saying you are lying but it does happen.
As far as one round being fired as opposed to none, I mean really did you actually say that?

I don't think anybody said one round was going to stop every threat every time, but from the sounds of what you are saying NO rounds are better then one?

I am happy you feel that it is a GOOD feature, not everybody will always agree with your opinion, such as this case.

Again I ask if it is such a great thing, why is it an option on the newer S&W guns?

I honestly wish there was a detailed description on how to remove the mag disconnect from 3rd Gen guns, like there is for the M&P's. I would remove them from mine.

If you are ever in the Detroit area, let me know and I will introduce you to a guy I used to work with that got robbed and his gun taken from him after he drew it on the robber, because he was too stupid to turn off the safety? That NEVER made the news.

I believe that you are NOT thinking about untrained people carrying the 3rd gen guys. (which in 2010 is the majority)

That feature might have been the greatest thing to trained cops, but not so great with untrained people IMO.

I think its fair to say, we will have to agree to disagree on this subject.
First of all, NOBODY who carries a gun should be untrained. If they don't want to take the time to train with a weapon, they shouldn't carry one.

Second of all, if a friend of yours pulled a gun and forgot to take off the safety, he's an idiot and shouldn't be carrying that weapon.

And no, I don't think that one round is worse than none, but i DO know that a handgun round will NOT stop an attacker, unless it's in the head, and since a trained person like myself knows that a head shot under pressure is very unlikely, what will your untrained friend do when he realizes that his gun is empty and his slide isn't locked back? Most likely, he will continue to "pull the bangy thing and wonder where the boom is". So yes, I think firing one round and the being empty with non-slide lock is worse than not firing that one shot. Because a trained person like myself will tell you that you probably won't even know you are empty when that slide doesn't lock back

Come on, man. Your argument against having mag disconnects is "untrained people need to carry something, too". How about your untrained friends actually learn how to safey carry and use the deadly weapon they carry?

Are you for real?

Last edited by kbm6893; 05-15-2010 at 07:51 PM.