View Single Post

Old 05-16-2010, 12:41 AM

Liked 785 Times in 356 Posts

The mag disconnect safety is an option for the same reason the safety lever is, they are trying to market the gun to anyone and everyone. That was never a decision based on making the gun as safe as possible, it was decision based on selling as many guns as possible.

Believe it or not before I was a cop I was a civilian with a CCW (not for long, but I was). The first thing I did when I bought my S&W 915 was to enroll in a handgun course taught by a former Secret Service Agent and FI. Then I started carrying. I was not new to guns at all, but I was new to carry a gun concealed and using a handgun as a tool for self defense. My home state requires NOTHING to get a CCW, but that class was packed full of people. Some new to guns and some not so new.

You don't have to take the motorcycle safety course to drive a bike, but you and everyone else on the road are much better off if you do. Same thing with handguns. A lack of training equates to ignorance, ignorance equates to negligence, negligence gets people hurt or killed.