View Single Post

Old 05-16-2010, 06:33 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,872 Times in 2,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
That is what is so bad about these forums, some people never get the point of what you are saying.

NOWHERE did I say it was good to be untrained, but since I wasn't born yesterday I know most people don't bother.

I am going to ask you a third time now, IF THE MAG DISCONNECT IS SO WONDERFUL WHY IS IT AN OPTION ON THE M&P GUNS? (3rd gen replacement)

Sorry for the caps, but you conveniently have missed it a few times so I have to add a little emphasis.

BTW: you can drop the elite attitude, I have seen videos of cops screwing up (making idiot mistakes) during a shootout so keep that in mind, prior to making smug comments.
The disconnect is an option because some people don't want one, and many people use the M&P in competition shooting, where it is a bother, and in some cases not even allowed.

Many people also don't buy a handgun to carry, where the disconnect really shines. They buy to target shoot or just to keep around the house.

If you know several people who have drawn their guns and the mag hits the floor, and you can introduce me to a guy who failed to take his weapon off safe during a robbery, than you know alot of people who shouldn't be carrying a gun. I have never seen either of those situations.

That ONE bullet in the chamber MIGHT stop the assailant, but as i said above (and you say I don't read), is that the odds of you ever getting into a shootout are very high, and the odds of the mag becoming unseated are even higher, and the odds of you needing that one shot in the few seconds the gun is down thanks to the dropped mag even higher than that, and the odds of that one pistol shot ending the fight are even higher. You have a better shot at hitting the lottery.

I'm not elitist. Cops aren't perfect. I know that. But your posts are backed up by no facts, just experiences with untrained people. And if trained cops can make mistakes with their weapons, untrained people will make even more, and THAT is where the mag disconnect comes into play. I don't want some untrained person thinking his gun is empty since the mag is out and firing a shot. Those bullets end up somewhere. Sometimes in innocent people's bodies and not in dishwashers.

Last edited by kbm6893; 05-16-2010 at 06:47 AM.