View Single Post

Old 05-16-2010, 06:43 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,872 Times in 2,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big bullit View Post
I want to thank KBM6893 for that informnation. i never gave the mag disconnect a second thaught untill my recent purchase of a 908 s&w. its the first gun i have ever owned that had a mag disconnect. i hated it, i thought it was the dumbest thing ever, i wanted to figure a way around it. but after reading KBM6893s assesment of the whole thing i have done a compleat 180! that was the best argument for a mag disconnect i could consider. i now wish all my pistols had one. thank you for that honest to the point assesment and thank you for your expertise on the subject. this is exactly why i joined this forum. thank you again, BB
Thanks for the kind words, but I am no expert. Just someone who has carried a gun in real world situations. And based on my experiences, the disconnect is a fabulous feature that i wish was on my other 2 semi auto's (Beretta's). It's the reason my 6906 is my carry gun and the only gun kept with a loaded magazine in the house (locked away, of course). The beneifts FAR outweigh the perceived drawbacks (and I see ZERO drawbacks, personally).