View Single Post

Old 05-16-2010, 09:30 AM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Questions About a Colt All American 2000

I finally bought a Colt. It is the All American 2000 9mm Auto; it is ANIB with four 15-rd. mags. It has an alloy frame. I bought it becase it is different. I fired several boxes through it with no problems, other than the DAO trigger raises a blister on my finger during recoil.

The gun appears well-made, but a bit over-engineered for a 9mm. The only weak spot I can see is the stamped sear/lever the retracts an releases the firing pin/striker. It has a thin tab that engages an equally shallow lug on the striker. The stamped sear/lever cams up and down on a roller pinned in the frame; this setup really leaves me wondering as to its durability.

People I have talked to hate this gun; they claim it is unreliable, suffers from parts breakage, and just plain doesn't work. Although I have not had problems with it, I haven't conducted a durability test on it either. I know a tupperware version was offered, but I don't know if the alloy version I have is supposed to be better. I suspect some don't like it simply because it was such a design departure for a historic gun maker.

Does anyone have any experience with the All American 2000? Any complaints or kudos? Does the gun have any trpouble spots I need to watch for?

Thanks and all the best

Pook