View Single Post

Old 05-16-2010, 11:28 PM

Liked 112 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbm6893 View Post
Thanks for the response. I think the one thing we DID settle here is an untrained person has no business owning or operating a firearm. And the problem is that MANY people who decide to make the choice to buy one don't take the time to use them, and unintended discharges will continue to occur. A good friend of mine has an XD9. He fired 200 rounds through it, reloaded it, (never cleaned it) and put it in his sock drawer. 2 years later, I am over there and insist he clean it. No mag in the gun, but one chambered. I ask him why, and he says "in case my daughter finds it, she can't fire it". 5 years after buying that gun, it has had 200 rounds through it.

In my opinion, the move away from manual safeties and mag disconnects is due to the large amount of untrained, unskilled shooters who elect to excercise their right to bear arms, yet don't want to take the time, or spend the ammo, to learn the weapon. Some of the new cars coming out will parralel park for you! Hey, why bother to learn how to do it when a machine will do it for you, right?
I don't know why I am bothering since you are about 6 planets away from what i was saying.

First: This thread is about a mag safety correct?
Next: You say cops lives are saved by the mag safety, correct?

Finally: Are these cops trained to push the mag release to disable the gun in a fight? That would mean they are trained Right?

How many Non cops are trained to push a mag release in the event of a fight? So they are untrained right?

I never said a thing about shooting up the city and whatever your imagination has dreamed up.

BTW: On the topic of training and you trying to make me look like the problem. And you rambling about who should not own guns. The detroit swat team entered the wrong apartment this morning withflash bangs, There is a 7 year girl dead now, by a bullet from a swat members gun.

Work that into your idea of who should not have guns speech for us.