View Single Post

Old 05-19-2010, 10:57 PM
US Veteran

Liked 32,372 Times in 5,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P@R Fan View Post
This comes up every few weeks.
The US president does not have the power to enact this. It would require a 2/3 vote of congress to pass. I'm sure Barry and Hillary would love to see this happen. In today's political environment, not a chance.
I disagree. I expect this administration to fully attempt to impose this treaty as quickly as possible, leaving anyone who dares stand in the way waiting several years for a day in federal court to hear the case. Meanwhile, the mid-term election will have taken place and Mr. Obama will have had several additional years to pack the courts with like-minded appointees.

I expect this treaty to be implemented in spite of the US Constitution, and the administration can lay everything else aside and simply state that they are only conforming with international norms under a binding treaty.

We will see what the results may be.

By the way, not only firearms ownership is covered under this treaty. Anyone who reloads ammunition will be required to have a license, be subject to limitations on quantities and types of ammunition produced, be required to report every transaction, etc, etc, etc. The treaty is very far-reaching in scope, and just what the libertards have been looking for to impose their will upon those of us who won't roll over for them.
Life of the party until 8:00PM