View Single Post

Old 05-24-2010, 03:19 PM

Liked 12,731 Times in 2,419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model520Fan View Post
Well, rburg said it the long way, but he said it right. There was an "ammo shortage" back in the 90's, but there hasn't been one since, at least not at my house. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I see that redlevel figured that one out, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by perrazi View Post
i was in the reloading supply biz back during the previous shortage. saw the very same things happening prior to the election of barry o. anyone who couldn't see the forest for the trees was just s.o.l. i vowed to never run out of supplies after that ordeal. when things got back to normal i bought at least a 10yr supply of the calibers i reload, which is all the common and many of the uncommon. the unfortunate thing this time is, thing may not get back to normal. primers are still a problem if you want more that a couple of thousand at a time and some calibers of jacketed bullets are very hard to find yet today. btw, i love hearing the whiners complain about prices. why didn't you buy when things were cheap?
Yep, I learned my lesson with the "Clinton Scare." As I stated in my earlier post, even though all the bad predictions didn't come true, I still accumulated a bunch of ammo and saved a good bit of money in the long run, simply because of inflation and price increases.

The discouraging thing now is that a "lifetime supply" for me ain't nearly as much as it was back in '94.