View Single Post

Old 06-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 10mm bear defense

The G20, is the only 10mm with a reputation well enough to be suggested unequivocally for several reasons, 1. Functional Reliability, 2. Ease of Use, 3. Stopping Power, 4. Fire Power, 5. Versatility, 6. Availability, 7. Cost. The bullets that function well in an autoloader are generally smooth rounded nosed bullets, Gold Dot satisfies all the contraints for this model. Weight in grains, Shape, Structural Integrity, Feed Reliability, Availability, Performance. I encourage all to check out Gold Dot's Web Site. So, I would recommend for someone using the G20, to hand load the Gold Dot bullet to it's max or just under max velocity, I personnaly prefer the 180grain JHP bonded, with 10.5 grains of BLUE DOT, and having the C.O.L. being almost perfect for reliability in the 10mm or G20, have probably 2 or more extra 15 round magazines, that giving one a 16 round capacity, with the ability to reload smooth, and that would at least put one in the game. This is a backup, to your 12GA minimum long gun. Any arguments?

Last edited by somecomeget; 06-03-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Yes