Thread: Model 19-2
View Single Post

Old 06-07-2010, 05:55 PM

Liked 335 Times in 182 Posts

Tech,there are some other photos of it.I'll try to get them up later.
The NP3 is done by Robar in Phoenix. They are mostly known for the Glock grip reductions,but build some nice rifles and a few handguns too.
The NP3 is a combination teflon and electroless nickel finish. There is no maintenance.None. It is kind of a silvery gray finish and extremely slick. I didn't think the action on this revo could have gotten any smooter but the NP3 inside made it almost feel as though it wouldn't bust a cap.
It can almost be cleaned with a simple wipe down with a cloth.It just doesn't hold grit.
I clean it normally.Residue on the cylinder face also cleans off easily,just requires a slight amount more effort.
My wife's Glock 26 has this finish on the slide,barrel,and all internal parts(except springs,of course.)
It's expensive. I think I paid a little over $200 when I had it done about 7 years ago,but to me it was worth it.They do run specials from time to time,tho.
No.it's not original,and collector value is gone because of the finish but it will last several lifetimes with decent care.It has a lifetime guarantee against flaking or rust and Robar stands behind that. They also have a similar and very nice proprietary black finish called roguard. It is available in matte or satin. You can see some of their work on their website.

Last edited by Stu Honea; 06-07-2010 at 05:58 PM.