Thread: Model 19-2
View Single Post

Old 06-08-2010, 01:20 PM

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Honea View Post
Extremely nice 19. Looks like the one I started my policing with, with the exception of the target hammer and trigger.
I wouldn't touch that finish,at least for years to come.
My finish was well worn on the 2 1/2 incher when I had it redone.

As to the coating question,I just sent the gun to Robar with instructions as to what I wanted done. The chambers are coated.The only places not covered with the NP3 is the rear sight and the bore.

I'm not aware of any additional surface prep charge. I believe the NP3 was applied over the original finish but I'm not 100% on that.
I'm not interested in the NP3 finish for the model 19, it's flawless. I'm interested in the NP3 coating for my model 36, which will see holster wear. The M36 is in excellent mechanical condition and for the most part so is the blueing. It has no holster wear, but the blueing on the backstrap is worn. I wanted a stainless gun and was thinking the difference in price between selling my M36 and finding a model 60 and having the NP3 coating applied to my M36 may be very close to the same out of pocket. From what you and Robar claim the interior coating will enhance the guns feel as well.....getting a M60 will only cure the holster wear problem with no other benefits. I'm just looking into all my options at this time, I'm still very new to all this. I would love to go to Robar for a tour though. I don't understand why gun manufacturers don't have robar coatings as an optional finish from the factory.

Can someone explain the rationale behind the (wide) target trigger and target hammer on the M19? Were they designed for competetive target shooting?

Tech23