View Single Post

Old 06-11-2010, 04:21 AM

Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts
Default 325 PD Cleaner/Lubricants ..............

SOTB - Nice lightweight .45ACP carry piece. I've used Ballistol Sportsmans Oil, in aerosol and liquid form, for cleaning my firearms, inside & out for many years with great success. Al Capone, (not the mobster) gunsmith/owner of King's Gunworks in Glendale, CA, a while back, recommended this product to my Dad and me years ago, and as recommended, found this product to be incredibly effective and safe as a lubricant/cleaner/protector. Brownell's and Midway USA both sell it, so I'd go to their respective web sites to check out more of the specifics. I'm going to try and post a few pix of a US Arms "Abeline"SA .44 w/ 7.5" bbl and factory "Magnaloy" (brushed chrome) finish, that I recently took out of storage after 30 years. After purchasing this sixshooter brand new, I shot a few cylinders thru it, bathed it in "Ballistol", inside and out, wrapped it in a gun cloth and stored it in a safe. Other than check it for corrosion a few times over the years, it basically remained untouched until I recently brought it home. I rubbed it clean of any oil residue, and was extremely impressed at how beautifully preserved it was. It literally appears no different than when I removed it from the box for the first time . A pretty good testament to the effectiveness of this fine cleaner/protector. Also, over the past several years, I only use nylon brushes on occasion, but pretty much only use patches dampened with Ballistol, changing the patches until they eventually come out white. This system works great, if you clean your firearm after every use. A year ago, a friend suggested I try "Triangle Patches TM" made for several different bore sizes, including your .45 ACP, and because of its unique triangular patch design, covers more area than square patches, and is made of 100% cotton flannel. These work great, and can be found on line at:rigelproducts.com.
This should give you something to think about. I'm new to this "photobucket" thing, but let's give it a try. Good luck.
Shadow SD

The Following User Likes This Post: