View Single Post

Old 06-15-2010, 09:16 PM

Liked 11,103 Times in 3,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCWilson View Post
There is a beautiful K-22 Outdoorsman with a King Super Target Rib in the Missouri Cabela's. The serial number is very low; it would have been only the 26th OD off the line in 1931.

Yes, I went after it. No, I didn't get it. It's on layaway for someone else. The item number is 1669652 for those who want to search for it. It seems to have been refinished (star after the serial number), but if so it was a beautiful job.
That gun is the reason that I started this thread. I was trying to find out, and still am, as much as I could about them before buying it. I was able to talk them down some, still paying more than I wanted to. I just don't see these for sale very often and the very low serial number is what sealed the deal for me. Being able to put in on layaway helps. The star has me alittle concerned. I, like you, thought if it was a refinish, it was well done. It will be awhile before I actually put my hands on it and the wait will be hard. Really gives me something to look forward to though.

I still hope to see some more King revolvers. I know there are more out there.