View Single Post

Old 06-16-2010, 02:08 AM

Liked 26 Times in 20 Posts

If the gun has sentimental value or if the value is $$$$ and you paid $ then why not. If you bought it new and it's your shooter keep it a shooter you can shoot, carry and play without being over protective about its looks. As mentioned you can paint the gun BLACK and spend $ without breaking the bank or causing negative $$$. Keep in mind some people like the way an expensive blue job looks they make the gun a paperweight and later stress themselves trying to sell it for what they invested into it.

Most times the $200.-$320. (with shipping) blue job is better spent on a new gun that you can keep in the safe unfired (after S&W) so when you think of re-bluing the not so blue gun you can look in your safe and touch the -shinny blue/black- gun, and keep her lubed up and you have +$$$ . -JMHO

FYI: Years ago my Colt GC MK IV series 70 (.45) was unfortunately water damaged to a water heater mess. The damage wasn't bad mostly under the factory wood grips I cleaned and oiled but could never get over the damage. The gun had CC wear but it was otherwise still young ~800 rounds down the tube. I finally sent it to Colt I figure $320. on the ~$240. my POP spent back in the early 70's was a good investment especially since it will be handed down -eventually-. I've had it back a few months and put less than 40 rounds through it and CC a Wilson that Royal Blue just looks to "BLUE" to make it a shooter or CCW -go figure-.

Last edited by srgvaz; 06-16-2010 at 05:04 AM.