Thread: My SW9VE Review
View Single Post

Old 06-27-2010, 08:06 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Finally got to take my new SW9VE to the range Saturday. Put 350 rounds through it without a single failure of any kind. When I first got it I fired 150 rounds in an indoor range just to see if it would really go bang, which it did, but this was the first time I had a chance to shoot it outdoors.

This last outing I used factory 115 gr. fmj Winchester, 115 gr. fmj Federal, and 124 gr. fmj RWS, and 124 gr. cast loads. The Sigma didn't care what it was fed, it digested them all.

I did find that the inexpensive Wal-Mart 115 gr. Federals and my cast loads shoot pretty much the same. Makes my life easier as the cast bullets are a lot easier on my wallet than the factory stuff.

Now, I personally do not mind the Sigma's infamous hard trigger pull, although I will admit it takes some getting used to. Well o.k., it takes a lot of getting used to. But I didn't buy this Sigma for a target pistol, but for a carry pistol. And if that hard trigger keeps it from being fired unintentionally, then I'm all for it. It is the Sigma's reliability that comforts me much more than its hard trigger bothers me.

I never was, nor ever claimed, to be a great, or even good, pistol shot. As you can see from the targets, I have a long way to go. But the Sigma is such a pleasure to shoot that it makes getting there half the fun.

Yep, definitely need more practice!!

Cast bullet loads

Federal 115 gr FMJ

The Following User Likes This Post: