Thread: crotch carry?
View Single Post

Old 06-28-2010, 11:17 PM

Liked 5 Times in 1 Post

I have been wearing the SmartCarry holster system for over a year and wear it daily. My primary sidearm is a G19 but I always have the S&W 360 on me as well.

It works well with jeans, tactical type pants, slacks and goes great with shorts, the system takes a few diligent days to get used to and once you fine tune the fit, it just feels like it belongs there, you will not have a lightning fast draw but a deliberate and surprisingly fast draw can be accomplished if you apply yourself and practice.

For the above practice I used 3 sets of snap caps, one in revolver and 2 reloads that alternated between speed strips and a speedloader.

I had seen many great reviews and as many reviews indicating the opposite but for me, the system really works and is very comfortable.

I wear it exclusively with shorts and it virtually disappears, prior to purchasing this system I was primarily carrying the J Frame in a Kramer Pocket holster and was very happy with the nice leather holsters fit, finish and ergonomics but in all reality the Kramer leather stays vacant on the bedside table or in the holster drawer.

SmartCarry is just way to easy and comfortable, the trick I have found is to adjust the velcro where the holsters belt rides low on the hip, the lower it is on the hip, the better it feels.

Not a salesman by any means, only a very satisfied consumer, a tip I would give to a new purchaser, once you have the holster system, wash it several times along with fabric softener and then wear it for long periods over a 2 to 3 day period, you will find that yourself tweaking it to your liking, and soon enough, you wont even realize you have it on.

Deep cover and a J Frame go hand in hand, ya might as well have comfort with your always gun, this one is my pick.

I hope in some way you will find the post useful no matter which way you decide to go, just wanted to provide a long term report on my favorite J Frame holster system.

Last edited by tecrsq; 06-28-2010 at 11:22 PM.