View Single Post

Old 07-04-2010, 05:41 AM

Liked 87 Times in 29 Posts

Very good data. I have a question for you guys regarding the Buffalo Bore 158 +P LSWC HP rounds. I bought a box to test through my little snubbie...testing to me means shooting into a series of 8 lined up water jugs and checking: a) depth of penetration; and b) expanded shape. What happened was unexpected...the BB round went in and immediately expanded, but had so much power the expanded ring sheared right off of the core of the bullet and left only a .357" diameter cylinder. The remaining .357" inner core went way deep (like into the 6th jug), but there was no expansion...the expanded section sheared off immediately because of: a) soft lead; and b) high speed. So, have you guys shot these BB's into anything to see what happens? Surely I'm not the only one to see what happens with this super-high velocity round...I'm wondering if I should repeat the test next time I go to the range, or have you guys had similar experiences? With that type of performance in water, I wonder what it would do in other materials? Thanks, B