View Single Post

Old 07-04-2010, 05:49 PM

Liked 809 Times in 114 Posts
Smile At last..a model 25-5 Nickel Plated Beauty!

After about a year of searching and a couple of near misses, I have finally found the model 25-5 I was looking for.

There has been much discussion on the Forum about this particular model and the cylinder throat dimensions and probably just as many opinions as to whether or not these variances actually affect accuracy. I can't tell you how many sellers I would write to and ask if they would be kind enough to measure the cylinder bores on the gun they were selling and then ending up with either no reply or they were unable to accommodate my requests. I had my mind made up that I had to have one with .452 or .453 throat diameters so I kept looking. After all the searching, turns out one of our own members came to the rescue with this nickel plated beauty with the correct size cylinder. A special thanks to JOHNNY3.

After taking this gun to the range twice and shooting a box of shells each time, I am more than happy with the action, balance (gotta love those 4 inchers") and accuracy. The .45LC rounds are such fun to shoot due to very manageable recoil but yet still having that big bore punch.
Here are the photos of my circa 1980-81 model 25-5 in the .45 Long Colt caliber, S.N. -N826XXX a very welcome addition to my collection. Enjoy the photos! Bob

And let us not forget to pray for our troops!