View Single Post

Old 07-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1,331 Times in 325 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta-419 View Post
I have a full 1# container of Tite Group (TG) that was on the back shelf but can not find loading data for it other than whats on the lable. I want to load .38 special loads with 158gr and 170 gr FMJ bullets. Front label says max load for 158gr cast LSWC is 3.8grs of TG. Would reducing this max load by 10% for a FMJ bullet work? Would like your thoughts and any load data for TG that you may have.

Hello Jim
I have used about Five Pounds of Tight Group in the past Five years. It is super clean and very accurate, but I must Caution you on your dispensing of it. Be certain your Powder drop or method of dispensing it is very close in Measurement. This Powder is a wonderful powder, but as you soon will see it takes very Little in any load it is used in, but can Build pressure quickly if over dispensed. I would Not suggest Hot Roding it, as I have seen some Guns come apart from Dare Devil re-loaders going above and beyond the recommended dispersing of the powder. It is a very cheap powder to use as it does not take much to load right but too much will take a gun apart in a heart beat. I have not had any issues with it, but have seen guns Blown apart from it over careless dispensing of the powder. I always check the Powder dump, against my digital scale reading ever third round and do a good visual before seating any bullets on top of it. I hope this helps, Hammerdown