View Single Post

Old 07-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Suspended

Liked 8,912 Times in 3,554 Posts

I have a basically identical revolver to yours with the exceptions that it is a round-butt and .32-20. There are no medallions or any identification whatsoever on it except an import roll-mark behind the trigger guard of "Spain". No doubt it was sold/imported after the S&W lawsuit was settled.

Mine has the same barrel marking as yours except for the O.V. "American best cartridges are those that fit best the O.V.

Thanks to deadin for the lead to the manufacturer. I have been able to find nothing about this revolver based on its markings (lack of). I will let you know how that pans out.

It seems, contrary to the comment by "Texas Star" of "Don't shoot it. May be dangerous.", that it is of much better quality than the more commonly seen Spanish revolvers such as Orbea, etc, and a far better copy of a S&W cosmetically than any other I have ever seen. I wouldn't hot-rod loads for it, and mine runs about 100 f.p.s. slower with the same loads than my 6" and 6 1/2" S&W .32-20s, but part of this is the difference in barrel length. I need to compare it to my 4" 1909 Smith.

Your revolver is definitely Spanish, and the .38 Long is .38 Long Colt as deadin said.

Last edited by Alk8944; 07-07-2010 at 11:03 AM.