View Single Post

Old 07-08-2010, 11:07 AM

Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hineline View Post
Ok so does anyone know if the external safety is available to add onto the gun.

My gun does not have the magazine disconnect, it does not have the kiddie key lock, it does not have the external manual safety. So it has the trigger safety, what is it going to hurt to have a manual safety since I am used to it and with the new Apex sear I am kind of nervous to carry the gun.
I believe if you review the second from last thread on this page below, you may find the answer about safety add on.

My question to you and your buddy is; even IF he did have a manual safety on his pistol, in this particular incident, would he have engaged the safety especially while in "competition" mode where every second counts?

Since you have seen, up close and personal, the destructive and dangerous effect of what a ball round, let alone a JHP, can do, I'm sure that you are more than worried about something like this occuring with your "un-safety-ed" pistol. I don't blame you for feeling "nervous" now, however, I would think long and hard about converting your pistol with a manual safety, especially, if this is your SD/CCW piece. Silvercn took the words right out of my mouth when he stated that constant vigilance and awareness are key whenever your weapon is unholstered. Not to say that your buddy was careless in any way, but it sounds like one of those "freak accidents", that we all can still learn from.

I guess what I'm saying is that, in my opinion, your "self defense tool" should be as ready as possible when you need it to be. If that makes you "nervous", then maybe more training, including taking a gun safety class, might help you overcome this.