View Single Post

Old 07-11-2010, 09:44 PM

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I believe the preferred (and totally safe to the cylinder coating) cleaner to use is "Hoppes Elite" which is a non-toxic cleaner. I then put a dab of "Slide-Glide Light" on the moving parts if they need it and a very light coat of "Sheath" in the bore and my gun is ready again for it's daily duty of pocket carry.

I use Nylon brushes exclusively and I don't worry at all about the firing marks on the cylinder.

My 340PD has probably had 1,000 rounds through it with no issues. It is the lightest, most powerful and most reliable solution I have found to pocket carry. It is a specialty gun. The weight savings the titanium offers is worth it for me. The gun disappears and does not rip out the pockets of even the lightest dress slacks.

Although I have some steel J-frames and good holsters for them, I never end up using them for CCW, because if I am going to use a holster, then I want a bigger gun.

The Scandium/Titanium J-frames are perfect for pocket carry. I also like my Scandium/Titanium 329 .44 Magnum for when I am Mountain Biking in Bear country. Neither gun is meant for a day at the range idly plinking, but both guns excel in the niche they fill.

With the cleaning regimen I have been using, I have had zero problems.

Of course, I *did* "de-lockify" both guns......I now have ZERO chance of a lock malfunction in these ultra-lightweight Magnum revolvers.

Cheers,

i8mtm