View Single Post

Old 07-16-2010, 01:08 AM

Liked 69 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Mohicans View Post
You guys are sooooooo lucky. We just recently had another law under the Firearms Act come into effect. We are no longer able to purchase police trade ins. The last ones were Beretta 96Ds and Glocks about 2 years ago. Now, whenever a law enforcement agency purchases new sidearms, the old ones are to be destroyed rather than made available to those of us in the great unwashed. It's all in the name of "public safety" of course.

Let's see...if my local PD had been able to sell their Berettas (they now have M&Ps)...they could easily have raised
$100, 000 for the department...but nooooooo! And the RCMP will lose big time when they turn in their 5946s for new guns in a few years...I believe we are talking over 20, 000 units.

Enjoy the deal fellas, and know that this guy is envious.
That's a real crying shame and an insult to taxpayers who will have to shell out more cash to replace these pistols. I have three ex-Canadian police guns in my collection, two Beretta 96Ds I paid $199 a piece for and a sweet little three inch Ruger GP-100 .357 with the partial shroud I snagged for $225. The Ruger came with a heavy black leather duty holster which was stamped made in Canada. All three guns were imported into the US by Century Arms. I bought the 96Ds about two years ago. I love police trade-ins! Awesome value and history to boot. Sorry/angry we won't be seeing anymore guns from our friends to the north.