View Single Post

Old 07-16-2010, 09:13 AM

Liked 69 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASA View Post
That's a real crying shame and an insult to taxpayers who will have to shell out more cash to replace these pistols. I have three ex-Canadian police guns in my collection, two Beretta 96Ds I paid $199 a piece for and a sweet little three inch Ruger GP-100 .357 with the partial shroud I snagged for $225. The Ruger came with a heavy black leather duty holster which was stamped made in Canada. All three guns were imported into the US by Century Arms. I bought the 96Ds about two years ago. I love police trade-ins! Awesome value and history to boot. Sorry/angry we won't be seeing anymore guns from our friends to the north.
Wow! You paid $199/gun for the Berettas? The going rate up here was ~$600/gun with holster and 2 mags. The Glocks were going for about the same price as well. Also, I have just read elswhere, that there is a possibility that you folks south of the 49th may be able to get some of our surplus LE guns after all. One of the armed courier services has switched from revolvers to M&Ps recently, and from what I understand, S&W was able to take the revolvers back as part of the deal.

So, once S&W takes them back and out of Canuckistan, I see no reason why they won't be made available to you, at least. And if S&W can do this, then SIG, Ruger, Walther, Glock and Beretta should be able to do the same. Unfortunately, that still leaves guys like me out in the cold up here.

Oh, and I should add that you are absolutely correct about the insult to taxpayers. I know of no police agency that is so flush with money that tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars that could have been realized through the sale of surplussed sidearms, would be unwanted. That money could have been put towards the purchase of the new guns. But nope...Joe Taxpayer will have to make up the difference. Nice, eh?

Last edited by Last of the Mohicans; 07-16-2010 at 09:15 AM.