View Single Post

Old 07-16-2010, 12:15 PM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&WIowegan View Post
I am a competition revolver shooter and have been for 20 years. I have shot matches in the same squad with Jerry. First, he prepares his own competition revos so S&W did NOT take the lock out for him! Second, all of us take the locks out of our competition guns (also the hammer block). It's a simple matter of eliminating as many things that could go wrong as possible.
It's ok that the majority of shooters would remove the lock for those reasons, it makes perfect sense. But to have S&W's own champion revolver expert remove the lock speaks volumes as to his opinion of the lock and its chance for failure. That's a PR blunder for S&W.

And I've never shot with Jerry and am not disputing what you're saying about him working on his own guns. But I did see on Shooting USA an interview with the man in the Performance Center who does all of Jerry's trigger work on his competition guns. And I won't swear to it, but I'm pretty sure he said he goes over the whole revolver to get it the way Jerry likes it. Of course Jerry could always do more work to it once he gets it...