View Single Post

Old 07-18-2010, 08:08 PM

Liked 8,611 Times in 3,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
Von FM

I have tried both Dillon AccuCrimp and the Profile Redding Crimp and start out light and work my way heavy and I get the same results as show in the pic.

I checked my RCBS dies, and the seat die which I assume is also the crimp die is marked "Seat 85".

I might test this one tomorrow. my goal is to just roll the edge slightly to improve feeding so I get more use out of my brass.

my cylinder does have a light chamfer job by the gunsmith but I need help on the bullet end.

thanks in advance
If your die set is 3 dies then the "Seat" die is seat/crimp. All the "85" on the die means is it was made in 1985, this should be on the sizer too.

I have to ask, so don't get upset, but just how much reloading experience do you have? If that die isn't giving you a roll crimp it is a problem with adjustment unless RCBS included a seat die from a 4-die set that is supposed to have a separate crimp die, which isn't impossible, although I am sure all seat dies crimp and they just include a separate crimp body. You wouldn't be the first person just starting thought there was something wrong with the dies when he just didn't understand how to use them!

FWIW, I worked for RCBS for a while many years ago.

If you want it I have an old RCBS seat die that I used for years that is absolutely for a roll crimp. Send me a PM with your address and I will send it to you.