View Single Post

Old 07-20-2010, 01:21 PM

Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooboy View Post
Nice job Phil, excellent explanation and those pictures speak a thousand words. Hopefully this makes everything clear, thanks as always, Shoo
Thanks and welcome.

I had previously removed the barrel 2 or 3 times with the PVC wrench. Each time I had difficulty pulling the PVC wrench out after tightening up the barrel nut. I just figured the outside of the PVC was binding with the forearm cuz everything is so close right at that junction. When I first used the ShooWrench I noticed that it lifted off just fine after tightening the barrel nut. So I measured the OD of both the PVC and Shoowrench and found them near identical. Scratching bald head in confusion... I measured ID and found the PVC to be significantly smaller. At that point I tried to slide the PVC wrench over the barrel when it was out of the reciever and discovered that it wouldn't even fit over the barrel threads. The problem I had removing the PVC tool is that I had been actually threading the PVC fingers onto barrel threads during the last few turns. Right tool for the job.... (belly full of crow)