View Single Post

Old 07-20-2010, 04:29 PM
US Veteran

Liked 33 Times in 17 Posts
Default Managed to deadline my 442

I'm heading to St. Louis for a few days tomorrow and thought it would be a good idea to shoot the two handguns I planned on taking with me. I took my Gen4 Glock 19 and my new production 442 no lock to the range, also took my 642 no lock so to check the LaserGrips were still dead on.

Got 60rds. through the 642 with no problems, same for the G19 (250rds.), but the 442 only got 20rds. before the cylinder wouldn't close. I instantly thought I had some unburned powder under the extractor so went to check and a spring flew out of the gun and hit the ground. I found it and picked it up and thought "where the hell could that have come from?" and proceded to clean under the extractor with a toothbrush from my cleaning kit. But the idea of that spring having to have come from the 442 kept perplexing me till I looked and saw this.

The locking bolt pin had come out along with the locking bolt and its spring. Found the spring and the pin but couldn't find the locking bolt.

I snapped these pics with my iPhone at the range after calling S&W about returning it. He said he would email me a shipping label to print off.
Glad this happened at the range and not in a possible self defense shooting. Especially so far away from all my other "replacements". You never know when Mr. Murphy will rear his ugly mug at you.

Here's the Gen4 G19 just so I can show it off.

Last edited by Sonny Crocket; 07-20-2010 at 04:53 PM.