View Single Post

Old 07-24-2010, 02:03 PM

Liked 25,704 Times in 8,685 Posts
Default BUFFALO BORE AMMO

I ran a similar chronograph test on a bunch of .38 special "carry" ammo about 6 months ago (posted on this forum). Although my personal testing was not as extensive as this one, I did come up with similar results. I used a 2" Chief Special model 60 (my carry gun) for the testing and I was shooting all afternoon. The recoil is stiff from the BB ammo, but it is not at all difficult to manage. In fact, it actually proved to be one of the more accurate loadings I tested. My carry gun has the original round butt factory wood grips on it with a Tyler "T" grip installed, and I had no problem controlling it either with one or two hand shooting. How Tim Sundles gets those velocities out of a two inch tube without going over the maximum pressure is beyond me. I have tested and carry a bunch of his products. He loads a .357 Magnum with a 158 grain sjhp bullet that hits 1400 fps out out of my 3" model 65. NOW THAT'S IMPRESSIVE! Shame on the "Big Three" for not coming up with BB "type" ammo years ago. Thankfully, Buffalo Bore did!!

Regards,
chief38
The Following 2 Users Like Post: