Thread: crotch carry?
View Single Post

Old 07-24-2010, 09:21 PM

Liked 112 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearcrow View Post
Help me understand something please. Is the gun generally above, at, or below the belt line? I am thinking that if it is at or above the belt line, then how does it not just push outta the little pocket when you sit down or bend over?

Just wondering. Sounds like an unconventional yet successful way to carry concealed from several respectable people here. Just wondering how secure the gun was generally.

Don't know if I would want to carry this way, but I could see some specific niche circumstances where it might come in handy, assuming I could do things without my gun falling to the floor.
I am right handed so reverse if you are a lefty.
I am 6" 225# and found that mine is most comfortable with the gun grip is about 1" below the bottom of my belt, and the barrel of the gun is about 1/2" to the right of my plumbing.

Keep in mind it is basically a jock strap without the strap that goes between your legs, so you can wear it at many different positions. Move it higher or lower, left or right and I have read that some people wear it with the gun at their side (3 o clock).

I bought a thunderware in the mid 90's and am now on my 3rd smartcarry, I think the smartcarry is a little nicer.