View Single Post

Old 07-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Liked 3,973 Times in 600 Posts
Default 1950 Model 45 Target - Found in Tucson

I was able to purchase this revolver from a fellow SWCA member at the SWCA Annual Meeting in Tucson, Az. While there were many exciting and wonderful guns to be seen at the meeting, for a 45Wheelgun fan, this gun pushed ALL of my buttons.

It is in it's original numbered box, it is in very nice condition. I am not the best grader of guns, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Here is where it gets interesting. This gun comes with a second extractor. The original extractor (numbered to the gun) has been modified to extract .45Colt. A second extractor has been fitted to the gun to extract .45ACP in moonclips.

This is a very old and yellowed index card that was in the box. I have been told the "Sutherland Collection" was sold in the early to mid 1970's. This gun was also in the Betts Collection (former president of the SWCA). In spite of what the card says, it was shipped in March of 1951 according to the factory letter.

Here is the .45ACP extractor with the label that came with it.

A Cylinder of .45Colt:

With the .45ACP extractor in place.

To say I am thrilled would be an understatement.

There are so many great reasons to join the SWCA, but finding that "one gun" at the annual meeting is a reoccurring theme on this forum. Many of the members saw this gun at the Thursday night "show and tell" and I got some great input from the members at that time. My suggestion to you, if you are not a member, is to seriously consider joining the SWCA, I wouldn't have this gun if I hadn't.

I have not gotten it to the range yet, I'll be interested to see how well she shoots with both types of ammo.

Anyone who knows me at all, knows I didn't take these pictures...tip of the hat to our own Lee Jerrett for the pictures.
1blindref, 22/32 JDF, 22lrfan, 2400, 27 Man, 29-1, A10ACN, AlHunt, Arm, Art66, AZ Buckshot Bill, beagleye, Bearly, Beruisis, bgrafsr, bigl1911, bigolddave, biku324, bill skebeck, BillyMagg, blockislander, bmcgilvray, Bob L, Bobby B., BOMBTEC, bracebeemer, butchkent, captaint, CH4, CHARLIE699, clang444, Club Gun Fan, colkid, Collects, cstanmiller, Culina, D Brown, dabney, daddio202, Daisyman, damienph, Dave.357, davefromhere, ddixie884, Dennis, Dennis The B, Deutsche_Dog, DGT, Doc44, dodgecharger, Donald Paul, DonsBayou, Doug M., Doug627, Dougaz, drcwks, Duke44, Ed Fowler, Eltioloco, Engine49guy, fdover, firemanhank, fleabus101, Frank46, g8rb8, Geronimo Jim, goatsnguns, gregintenn, Göring's S&W, H Richard, harlanboy, Hondo44, Hoosier45, Hunter Keith, Iggy, IWK2HT, J. R. WEEMS, j38, Jack Flash, JDBoardman, jdlii, Jebus35745, jell-dog, jem102, jglsprings, JH1951, Joe Kent, jringo8769, JSR III, JSW, KertP, ki5mc, Kinman, krsmith58, Kurusu, lamarw, lawandorder, Lee Barner, les.b, LJBrennan007, lscocoa, M E Morrison, MAG-NUM, Mbrgr1, Memphis, Mike, SC Hunter, Mike0251, MixmodelA, model3sw, mojave30cal, moosedog, Mrnurse, Muley Gil, murdock23, MyDads38, Nedroe, nicky4968, norsemanhp, Old Seabee, OLDSTER, Old_Cop, ontheroad20, opoefc, Oracle, Owen49, oysterer, pasound, pawncop, PerryLane, pinoakflats, Pizza Bob, rags, raljr1, RangerRRP, red9, RKmesa, roaddog28, Roberto Renauld, Rock185, Russell Cottle, S&W SS Revolvers, S&WIowegan, S42N8, Seaburry, shrade, singleshot1, Sistema1927, slickracer, SLT223, sodacan, steelslaver, StickShift, StrawHat, stroker, Sverre, tftech1, THE PILGRIM, TheHobbyist, TheTinMan, Trooperdan, Truckin, Tytan01, Ugly Hombre, usmc2427765, Wildwest22, wunderboy, YeshuaIsa53