Thread: Ruger LCP
View Single Post

Old 07-25-2010, 01:12 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,190 Times in 754 Posts

The LCP is a very nice little gun! I recently carried mine IWB for 16 hours for a wedding. It was comfortable enough that I could enjoy the day without having to adjust at all. Even out in the near 100 degree heat and 500% humidity it didn't bother me.. and I had to stand around for pictures being that I was a groomsman.

I have yet to have any issues with it. All of my rounds have been flawless. I've been wearing it a lot this summer and I try to clean it every Sunday (but it's been more like every other Sunday). I like to clean it just because I wear it so often I do see some build up after a while... like lint, dirt, leaf particles and other various peculiarities.

This is not a target gun. It is a close quarters self defense gun. Despite this it is a very accurate shooter. All shots end up on an eight inch circle at 7 yards... and those are speedy shots.

I prefer it over the Kel Tec. To me, the LCP feels better and doesn't vibrate as much in my hand when fired.

It's reliable, accurate, small, light, thin, easily concealed, and extremely easy to carry. Great BUG or even primary for certain situations.
- The Federalist #46 -