Thread: Ruger LCP
View Single Post

Old 07-25-2010, 02:51 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I like my Lcp quite a bit and shoot it fairly regularly.

I had two failure to fully chamber between rounds 50-75 and always felt like the gun was a bit lethargic when chambering a round. I put an 11lb. wolff spring in it at the 100 round count and have experienced no cycling problems with 6 different types of ammo and approaching over 700 rounds total.

Two other issues include the walking frame pin and mushrooming guide rod head, both at about the 450 round mark. I pushed the pin back in, rotated the guide rod to change the engagement spot on the head and kept on trucking. Both these issues are are documented in sticky threads at that elsiepea forum.

I have tried two of the expensive leather front pocket holsters but keep coming back to the cheap desantis nemesis holster. Makes no sense to me to take a wonderfully small gun and put it in a large, thick, stiff holster. And no, I don't buy the whole 'printing' business. I found the pearce extensions to be too large and the Ruger factory extension to be just the right size to stabilize the grip but not negatively affect pocketability. And I like my LCP to be equiped with the CT laser.