View Single Post

Old 08-03-2010, 10:22 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,113 Times in 4,790 Posts

We're starting to see a few of these BG380 failure threads here and there. It's a new product, but even so, you would certainly hope to get more than one shot!

I probably was foolish and jumped on the bandwagon too soon - bought a BG380 Saturday, but did not have time to shoot it. I will be giving it a test drive Wednesday. One thing is for sure, if there is trouble, you won't sit around on pins and needles wondering if S&W will fix it (that's a given). It's just the inconvenience.

The gun is certainly an attractive little package with a lot of nice features. I particularly like that it has a good set of sights, a thumb safety, and of course the built-in laser. For my purposes, I would have preferred a magazine safety, but I guess with the safety lock, I can get by without it. I think it will be a winner: priced more attractively that the Kahr, and much better in features and ergonomics than the lower-priced competitors. Hopefully whatever bugs there may be, they will be resolved quickly.