View Single Post

Old 08-04-2010, 01:54 PM
US Veteran

Liked 33 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzhync View Post
Did you try pushing the solenoids on the side of the laser itself...with it removed? if it works like that then try removing and repositioning the rubber buttons in the dust cover.
Yep, still nothing. I was just fooling around with it again a minute ago. There must be something internally wrong with it.
The lady from Insight called me back. I told her what was going on and she thought the batteries were in wrong. But it stopped working before I ever took the laser module out for the first time. The new batteries won't work either. I tried different orientations with the batteries just to make sure and still nothing. You also have to make sure, when reinserting the module, that you hear a click before you tighten the screw down. I found this out on my own, but she mentioned it also as being a possible reason.
She said she would check with the tech people about a possible solution and would call me back.
She also said its a misprint in the owners manual about contacting them with issues. Your supposed to go through S&W even with laser issues. I'm sure as "simple" as this thing is it would be easier to just replace it than fix it.

Last edited by Sonny Crocket; 08-04-2010 at 02:00 PM.