View Single Post

Old 08-04-2010, 07:09 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Bodyguard 380 trigger pull

Finally got my BG380. Very excited & loving this gun until I put the first shots through it. Something must be wrong. The trigger pull is soooo long. As in pulling with all my might, trigger pulled all the way back against the rear of the guard & its still not kicking over! I know its supposed to have a long travel, but this is really ridiculous. If I pull with BOTH index fingers and hold it as tight as I can against the rear, it will roll over and fire, but with a delay and almost only as you're giving up and releasing tension - then it kicks. I was able to put 10 rounds through this way and not one more. You have to pull so hard its downright dangerous. I'm an average size/strength guy so its not me on this one. Have an SW99 that shoots like a dream. Anyone else having this issue? Do I have a problem gun here? Not sure what to do, whether I talk to dealer or S&W about this. Thanks for any help.

UPDATE: Got my gun back from S&W. Fixed! Based on FedEx tracking info, it only spent one full day with them before they had it out the door back to me. Put 150 rounds of various ammo thru it tonight with no problems whatsoever (and yes, I watched the takedown pin somewhat fearfully the whole time - never moved). Whatever they did to the trigger made a night vs day difference. I think they did some other fine tuning as well. The laser is dialed right in now, where before it was way off right/low & I had not yet adjusted it. They did throw in an extra free magazine, which I think is the least they could do after really disappointing me with a brand new gun that messed up. Very happy with their customer service though. Reminder of why I spent a little extra on the Smith name & warranty I guess. Will report back with any issues as more rounds are put through it. Hope the other issues I'm seeing here clear up. It really is a great little gun.

Last edited by robbo323; 09-01-2010 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Update
The Following User Likes This Post: