View Single Post

Old 08-06-2010, 10:40 PM
US Veteran

Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by f8 crusader View Post
Well, I will list just a few reason why, I think the 3914 is the best 9mm auto there is, first of all, I am a large bore shooter and consider the 9mm as an OK caliber, as a result of that, I sold the few 9's that I had with the exception of one, my smith 3914, it was love at first sight when I held the pistol at a local gun show and I purchased it, the price was right too.
That was a few years back and I am here to tell you that this little pistol has digested just about every bullet configuration from the 115 FMJ to the 147 gr hydra shock without a single hick up, non, zip, nada.
The pistol is so flat that it's a great choice to carry concealed during the summer, I am from the old school and I believe that a pistol should fire without a malfunction for a minimum of 500 shots using the type of ammo you intend to carry, (The late geat pistolero Maj George Nonte was a firm believer of this test) not too many pistols can do this (and who can afford to blast away with premium quality ammo these days?) but my 3914 has passed this test numerous times. (I use 147gr hydra shock ammo, I own quite a few boxes of it..)
What surprises me is that you don't see any 3914's on the used market, non at the guns shows here in VA, if I were to find a used one I would buy it on the spot.
I own about a dozen pistols but my little smith 3914 will never be equaled when it comes to concealment and most important of all, reliability, this is what is all about in a pistol.

You are not even close!

Everybody knows that the BEST hand gun of ALL TIMES is the Smith and Wesson 3913.

If you ever decide to part with your 3914 NL, I will pay you a couple of hundred dollars to relieve your pain.
The Following User Likes This Post: