View Single Post

Old 08-10-2010, 05:45 PM

Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

I really appreciate the insight.

I was leaning heavily in the direction of the S&W product, but I wanted to be sure. I saw green 522 over on Bud's Gun Shop that looked pretty cool, but that stock and "missing" sights....hmmm.

There is no joking that the 15/22 has an awesome look about it.

A buddy advised me to get a pair of the 15/22 guns and get my son well aclimated to that style and sights......then pick up a .308 Win version of an AR styled rifle and let my son transition to that for his first deer and hog hunts. A collapsable stock on a .308Win would make the gun easy for either of us to shoot, too. Food for thought.

Two last questions:

1) The threaded model looks like what I want. Are the sights fixed on these compatible with red dot sights mounted on as well? How would you incorporate a variable power scope as well?

2) Location....Jetguns.com was recomended...anywhere else that you've actually purchased from that you can recomend?

Thanks for your assistance. I'm AR-ignorant but hoping not make any blunders as I learn.

My son is hooked on the Call of Duty/Modern Warfare games and we have the Black Ops game preordered. He's gonna freak over getting a tactical looking gun.

I've been picking up the spinning steel target sets from Academy every time I go by there. They are very handy and fold out for set up in two seconds. I'll have these to put out on the range at various distances and we can transition from the different targets and have a ball.

I've got to start shopping around for a pair of gun bags, magazines, red dots and etc. I'll try to stay in the "decent quality but lower budget range" as these are not gonna be hunting guns....just plinkers that'll provide high grin-factor.