View Single Post

Old 08-13-2010, 04:53 PM

Liked 6,261 Times in 2,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo2 View Post
Some interesting comments on pricing there, too. I wonder where we'll be with these things next year? -S2
Pricing comments are always interesting. There are times when I think the poster just has no clue. Other times I think maybe they've just been to a gunshow. One thing you can be sure of, if the price quotes are a year or more old, they're worthless. Followed closely by the price estimates of someone who hasn't actually seen similar guns change hands in the last month or two! Prices are also regional. There are places where certain guns are just unavailable. Just because some old buzzard thinks the price is too high because he bought the same model back in the 1970s is of no value.

Its no revelation that guns with boxes and paperwork are worth (or at least bring) a significant premium over the price of the parts separate.

The guns we've been discussing are very well made. Masterpieces, if you wish. With our economy in flux, many people are dumping their nickels and dimes into things that hold their value. Its no surprise the K22s are going up in value. Sometimes dramatically.

Last edited by rburg; 08-24-2010 at 03:38 PM.