View Single Post

Old 08-15-2010, 11:30 PM

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Thanks, I will look them up. Do you have a website?

From what I have seen, many courses focus entirely upon tactics once the shooting starts. My example points out that what happens before the shooting starts may actually be more important when it comes time to go to Court. The criminals know that if they can get in close due to the element of doubt and legal rules of engagement, they can shoot or stab you at face to face range. This is what I believe is causing face to face OK Corrales. The key is to resolve the situation before it becomes very very up close. The greater the distance the better, the less likely shots to be fired. But how to do so without getting charged with assault. As I understand it right now, the rules of engagement are that the criminal never knows that you are armed until you actually fire. I think thats nuts. If the very act of warning the guy away is assault, because you place him in fear, what reason does he have not to continue his pursuit of you? There are times when I think its better to carry pepper spray or a taser rather than a gun. At least you can hose him down with pepper spray without too much fear of prosecution.