View Single Post

Old 08-16-2010, 12:20 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Question Value on S&W Model 66

Hello I am new to this forum but not to S&W revolvers. I am in the process of trying to find a early model S&W 66. I found a Model 66 no dash after 66 serial #4k95693. This gun appears to be in excellent condition from what I hear it was made in the early 1970's. This gun is all stainless steel including the front sight and also has a stainless steel rear sight. Comes with the original target grips I am not certain if it has the orginal box or not. Has the pinned barrel and recessed cylinder this gun appears to be in excellent condition and has only a very slight ring on the outside of the cylinder infact it is really hard to see from the picture. Has a low round count and according to the owner is a "Safe Queen" my question is roughly what is the gun worth? This deal is a trade and I really like this handgun but I am wanting to have a even trade or cash on the owers end plus his gun. The gun I offer for trade is a Winchester Model 61 made around 1946-47 this gun is excellent bluing around 90 % or better no dings in the stock and is in excellent mechanical/shooting conditon. I have it listed forsale at $700.00 and I have 2 very interested parties one wants to trade that I am talking about the other has cash and I have stated I am firm at $700.00 . In fact I am meeting both parties tomorrow! I need to know the approximate value of this S&W Model 66!! Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated & thanks in advance!!!