View Single Post

Old 08-16-2010, 04:06 PM

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Zulu View Post
surveyvor47, I believe hosing someone down with pepper spray or a taser is both assualt and battery. Good luch with that one.
OZ
Years ago, I actually did hose a guy down with the old Mace. A man was beating a woman to death, trying to crack her head open like a coconut in the middle of the street, in front of stopped traffic, with at least 50 witnesses. I went over to stop it with nothing more than a can of Mace and steel toed shoes. The guy jumped up and I though was going to shoot me. I sprayed him in the face and eyes. At first he laughed, but about 10 seconds later, it took effect and he ran off. Longest 10 seconds of my life. The traffic was blaring horns as I tried to help the woman. I finally picked her up in my arms and put her in my car and asked people to call police and an ambulance. At least 6 police cars were visible 2 blocks away, cops in a local bar as usual. When witnesses asked for help, they refused, continuing their drinks and meals. In fact, Im sure they saw the whole incident. A cruiser finally showed up 30 minutes later. A police lieutenant interviewed at least 30 people and informed me that I was mad because the man was beating a woman. He and I then went looking for him, but we never found him. He said that he "never has a problem when a citizen maces a * hole". The guy soon afterward murdered (beat to death) a 70 year old man for his ATM card and got his picture taken when he used the card. He is spending the rest of his life in prision. His method is to beat his victim to death, in front of witnesses, even large crowds, stopping traffic to do so.

When I lived in the city, I went through 3 successful armed robberies and at least 22 more attempted robberies, none of which were successful, because I resisted each and every time- unarmed. I did my very best to put each armed robber in fear, using anything and everything at my disposal as a weapon. I will never allow a man to stick a gun in my face again. Whomever decided that you can defend yourself against an armed attacker without putting him in fear needs a realtity check. Most will run when they get determined resistance. They count on people not resisting and frequently shoot or stab their victim to death.