Thread: .45acp CC
View Single Post

Old 08-19-2010, 11:08 PM

Liked 630 Times in 357 Posts

Funny you should ask, as I've been monkeying around with various gun and holster combinations as recently as today. I have the dilemma of wanting to carry as much gun as possible on a torso of modest stature, in a climate that doesn't favor concealing garments. At this time of year, when it's really, really, hot, and humid to boot, an untucked, square cut sportshirt is about as much of a coverup as the casual business environment in which I work permits. (Anyone walking around metro Phoenix in the summer actually wearing anything like a suitcoat or sports jacket, vest, etc., is certainly covering up something --- gun, colostomy bag, whatever... and assumed to be hiding a gun...)

I can conceal a P-12 in Sparks Summer Special under a casual shirt, but even though it's been dehorned, the checkered Dymondwood grips and mainspring housing rub uncomfortably against my skin, and it bothers me that that the gun and holster are exposed to perspiration. So, I'm resolved to the compromise of a Glock 36 (the short-barreled, single stack, 6+1 capacity .45 ACP,) in a Blade-Tech IWB w/sweat guard. The holster is certainly impervious to perspiration, and seems to adequately shield the gun from same, and if not, no harm done. I have not satisfactorily resolved the manner of carrying extra mags, in their proper position, along with cell phone, hip pocket wallet, &tc.