View Single Post

Old 08-25-2010, 06:32 AM

Liked 5,762 Times in 1,992 Posts
Talking

I think every one has pretty much stated the case as it is already. I shoot a lot of 22 caliber handgun and I own two Model 41's, a 17-4 with 8 3/8 inch barrel, and K22 with 6 inch barrel, and a Model 617 (6 shot) with 6 inch barrel and they are all excellent shooters and are all very accurate. The most accurate of the bunch for me is the 17-4 with 8 3/8 barrel as it's almost scary accurate. The Model 41's are next and the K22 and 617 are close but not quite as accurate as the others.

The primary reason I shoot the 22 pistols is for fun the Model 41 wins easily in that catagory while the revolver wins hands down in the cost of shooting and ease of ammo purchasing. The revolver will shoot any ammo including the bulk pack stuff which I find Federal the best. The Model 41 comes with a factory recommendation for shooting standard velocity ammo. Mine likes CCI standard velocity ammo the best and it's not always easy to find around where I live.

Even revolvers have brands of 22 ammo that they shoot better then others but in the end they will shoot all of them with some brands shooting more accurate then others. This is handy when you have kids or grand kids and you want them to shoot until thier hearts are content and a bulk pack of 22 ammo is a whole lot of smiles for not a lot of money.

In terms of cleaning the Model 41 breaks down super easy and is the easiest to clean verses the revolver although none of them are difficult to clean.