View Single Post

Old 08-27-2010, 08:09 PM

Liked 864 Times in 187 Posts

Middlesex Village Trading Company out of New Hampshire. The controversy gets pretty heated...

Many will point out that these guns are imported with no proof marks. The counterargument is "When did you last see a American made gun with proof marks?"...

The guns are not historically correct or period correct. But unless your a re-enactor (like me) ...it really shouldn't matter. The use of non traditional wood like Teak is a turn-off. I have so many years working with wood that faking a walnut finish was only a few hours work. Nobody can tell the difference, unless they want to take out a magnifying glass.

The guns are traditionally pinned to the stock, they have a proper touchhole, the locks are pretty close to correct. Some of the furniture, etc... isn't correct.

But overall, they are somwhere slightly North of $500... Some of the guns I post here are 5 to 10 times that cost. And sadly, that gun in the above pictures is the cheapest muzzleloading smoothbore that I own.

Sad, because it is the best shooter with roundball, and excellent when used with shot.