View Single Post

Old 08-29-2010, 12:12 PM

Liked 36 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
And the cult of the hardcast was born. They always post reams of pic of dead animals, leading the naive to believe that the critters just dropped dead in their tracks. The cult always claims that penetration is of utmost importance.

Once the cult gets established on a forum, users of jacketed bullets are banished. All posters must praise the holy hard cast. Anyone who posts negative experiences with hard cast hole drillers is denigrated.

Personally, I thought the hard cast cult was inspired by bullet casters looking for a marketing edge. If you have an LBT WFN mould you can charge 2x more than standard jacketed - and guys will pay it.

Nowadays a 240gr bullet is considered insufficient - especially if it is a jacketed hollow point. Doesn't matter than guys are killing deer, bear and pigs with them consistently - the cult of the hard cast has deemed them inferior. And there is no arguing with them.

The cult has dictated that a 44 mag must be loaded with 300gr or better WFN hard cast or it shouldn't be used for anything beyond pigeons.

For the most part,I agree with you.There is a prevailing tendency on various forums to either blend in or get flamed.There is a cultish herd mentality at work.

I've cast bullets for over 4 decades and yet I appreciate jacketed bullets very much.There is a lot of snobbish condescension among many when it comes to jacketed bullet use.