View Single Post

Old 08-29-2010, 11:45 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You don't have to bake the parts once you finish them, it just simply speeds up the curing time. I've painted guns for friends and they just hung the parts in a closet for about a week before doing any re-assembly. They came out great and still look great over a year later.

I'm assuming you are asking about the takedown pins? Both pins have detents that hold them in place. The rear pin is held in place by a pin and spring located in the grip, and the front is held by a seperate pin and small spring. The next time you clean your gun, just pull the front pin all the way out and you'll see the brass pin holding it in. It's spring loaded and can be a pain to get out.

The buttstock in the picture I posted above has a ProMag recoil pad. It gives a little extra length and really grips better than the stock configuration. The whole buttstock (stock A4, CAA cheek rest, and recoil pad) are going into the classified section tomorrow. I used it for a test piece and now it's gone back into the drawer in favor of my ACS.