View Single Post

Old 08-31-2010, 09:46 PM

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

The 44-40 softpoint ammo is a poor choice considering the much better options available. I suspect a 200gr soft point at 1100fps will pass clear through a human target without expanding and retain enough velocity to kill or injure someone else downrange that doesn't have it coming. It's also more dangerous for you because the suspect may not be incapicitated and remain in the fight longer.

No disrepect, but why go from a pretty much state of the art 45ACP 230 Gold Dot hp to an antiquated round that is less effective and more dangerous to bystanders just to be different?

I can't believe an agency would allow this extreme latitude with regards to duty weapons and ammunition in 2010, given the high liability concerns/realities inolved in today's world.

I carried a 4 inch 629 with 44 Specials back in the day. R-E-V-O-L-V-E-R day. I stopped when my agency transitioned to semi autos in 1990 and I have never looked back. The semi auto, with modern LE ammo is a much better tool for what we do. Again, no disrepect, but I am looking for performance not panache.