View Single Post

Old 09-09-2010, 09:09 PM
US Veteran

Liked 63 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sinko View Post
Last year I tried to acquire some mercury to clean the leading out of my cylinder throats. I asked our Fire Inspector if he knew where I could get hooked up. He told me about a large mercury reclamation and processing center in the city. I had never known it's there. I stopped by one day to ask if I could buy some and was promptly lectured and chastised about the grave consequences of handling mercury. No luck. A few weeks later we were told to keep an eye on the place because some of the employees (they actually hired criminals who were out on work release) were caught putting mercury into the boss's shoes. If mercury were half as dangerous as they claimed it to be, that dump would've been shut down years ago and that part of the city declared unfit for human habitation.

I'd still like to try it if I could get some.

Dave Sinko
That reminds me that some years back, we had some local hoods who hijacked a whole truck loaded with mercury. A local businessman was involved somehow and he ended up in prison along with his cohorts for a seven year sentence. The mercury was recovered and was considered to be a very valuable cargo at the time.