View Single Post

Old 09-11-2010, 07:37 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Smile BG 380 slide lock pin

My Body Guard 380 is in S&W repair shop again for the same problem. Slide lock pin keeps falling out. Seems to happen more often on rapid fire. I think the barrel lugs hit the pin on the way to load another round and rotates it slightly until it reaches the unlock position. Then; out comes the pin, the slide and a round in the barrel.

Smith said they repaired mine the first time, but on return, I had the same problem. Apparently they don't shoot test their repairs. Customer Service is nice enough but they won't admit to the problem nor can they give me any clue what the engineering folks plan to do about it. It won't go away by itself.

Funny thing: when mine was returned to my dealer, the S&W rep was there and shot it. Same problem. He went to his car and got his demo BG 380. Rapid fired it and guess what; the pin fell out. He called Smith about the problem.

I think a stiffer spring, shaving a bit off the barrel lugs, and a deeper indent in the pin for the spring would fix the problem. I told them that but they weren't impressed. I hope they find a permanent fix. I really like the gun. The postman and the S&W repair shop have had it longer than I have.

Sawdust